Friday, August 10, 2007

27 days

OK. As Joe always says - this will be short. But I mean it! Just wanted to do a quick update. My work has me SWAMPED. For whatever reason they've decided they want all the financial statements of the company balanced and in order by Thursday. So let me tell you, that is no easy feat, as they have never been balanced since I've started working here... but because it keeps me busy and I really don't hate the task, I really don't mind it. But it prohibits me from emailing people and having time for lunch and such frivolous things. And not to mention it also prohibits me from doing ANY IT work, and any IT person will know that their work is never done or never slows down. If you're not an IT person, think of it as having kids and taking care of them. You can't just stop. Or they don't eat and they die. That is what happens when I just stop taking care of IT stuff. Now, technically that is not my job here, but as soon as I stop computers start dying and as soon as they start dying, soon I have to many dead ones to try and revive that the good ones start dying. Sigh. oh well. not my job. I'll just let it be.

Joey called me yesterday. It was great to hear from him, no doubt. It did set me off on a Suzie spell though. I miss him so much and wish that he'd just decide to come home. But deep down I wish that for Colleen, Erin, Alicia, Joe & Karen Brady everyday. And I also know that they're all doing wonderful things and living their lives the way they want to, so I can not be selfish and whine to much about them coming home. And email and phones are wonderful and I probably keep more in touch with them while they're gone, then I would if they were here... but for whatever reason, just not being able to be with them in person really sucks some times.

Mike received his wedding ring yesterday! It's beautiful!

I am going up to Marinette Wisconsin tomorrow. It's my cousin's daughters baptism and I'm becoming her godmother. The mass is at 4, but since it's like 3.5 hour up north I'll probably stay over night. It stinks though cuz Mike has to DJ, and all my friends are gone, and the few that are left are all out of town this weekend. How convenient. So I think I talked my Mom into going up with me, although she really didn't want to, and truthfully I'd much rather go up with a friend... oh well, at least I won't have to go alone. And if anyone happens to be in town and wants to endure a 3.5 hour car ride up to Marinette Saturday, and then a catholic mass, and then a 3.5 hour car ride home on Sunday, let me know. I know that pretty much sounds like the greatest time ever!!!! ;)

1 comment:

Samoa Joe said...

Hey, Suzie...You're such a copier ;-)

Now, all you need to make this blog as good as mine is to have a list...Come on...You need a top five in order to get recognized on the internet...How about "Top Five Friends I Miss" ;-)