http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9cZpIKwc0o
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16783896 (Joe especially enjoyed chad in this one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwvEmhohRwI (I call it 'no! the other way!')
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePsf53yyTF4
But because of course everyone keeps asking and there was much more to say about it, I need to get in a post about WAB. (bernie and sofie pictured below).

This year we had our shower party on Friday night, 15 more days before our real wedding.

But of course it has been raining for 14 days straight, give or take. So we had a lot of family members not wanting to come or stay because of the rain.
We did get one blast of downpour for a few minutes, but overall the weather was quiet nice. The mosquitoes were out, that's for sure, but it was good. Grandma lou bought us a cake, and Aunt Tammy brought out her knife and cake topper from her wedding. Aunt Sharon made tons of food and we got wonderful gifts. It was very nice. Oh, and I am sporting a beautiful dress up veil in these pictures. Sometimes I forget I have these things on.
Caitlin, Heather, Mike Boldt and Mike Chianese were our awesome friends that were able to make it out on short notice and bad weather. So we love them much. Mike, Mike, Cait and I got in the first canoeing in that first night.

The (fox) river was the highest its ever been due to the crazy rain we've had. So it made for good fun. Mike was only able to come on Friday night because he had to DJ on saturday. So it was just me and the dogs for the rest of the weekend. But we got awesome tenting beach spots since the river came right up into our resort...
Macey has a new fishing pole. So sometimes she fishes in puddles... she is only 4... who knows what fish could be living in that puddle!?

By Saturday there were 7 dogs, about 25 adults, 8 kids and 2 crabs (caroline brought crabs!). We all missed Anna, Luke & Gracie very much. And the new building of this year would be the outhouse (located in the very right of the picture below). It's a double holer. That is a very luxurious outhouse indeed. We did only have one call to the coast guard needed. Katie and her friend got blown away by the current in the canoe at one time and Uncle Bernie had to go trudging through the river to go save them. Needless to say I think they won't be canoeing anytime soon.

So thats about it. DJ Vito V played for us on Saturday night. We had Max's fireworks show. And we'll have it all again the week before labor day next year.

And that is pretty much that. So we're down to like 10 days until Jamaica. I seriously can not believe that it has came so fast, and yet this last month it seems as though every second is trudging by as slowly as possible.
So in the spirit of top 5's I'm going to name my top 5 favorite vacations. And when I say top 5, I mean top 10. Because I just have way to many good ones!!
10) San Francisco with KZ and her parents. it was a toss up between here and florida. but i think that san franciso with kz being afraid of bridges was a classic. plus the long hours of rummy and room service were just fabulous.
9) prairie du chien with chad, shawn, patty, ron, dana, jacob and joe this summer. with detours, dnrs, forgotten wallets, broken down boats and anything that could go wrong going wrong, it was still such a wonderfully pieceful night sleeping on the island. i cant wait until we can go again.
8) Seattle 05 . one month with the conants. long car rides through no-where land. renting 8 movies a day to overcome our bordom. mrs. conant blowing bubbles to 'friends'. seeing leaving on the jet plane in rounds on our many long car rides. waking up early and eating yogurt and granola with mrs. c. rollerblading while erin ran. her bee sting on her eye. spending time with rinny and beej. it was delightful.
7) florida 98. a million hours in the car with my parents and erin. manatees, ET, mgm, our melted lollipops and everything else made for a trip i'll remember forever.
6) Arizona. i actually do have a trip with mike for the list. if it wasnt arizona in 120 degree weather it mightve made it further on the list ;) it was my first meeting of travis, chrissy, dave and karen. and it was delightful. makes me want a pool! and want to act out dirty dancing with karen.
5) San Diego. 06? my first meeting with shasta and fonzo. disney land! erin working at best buy and joe and i in the hot tub. allllll the food and going to tj. the chula vista was heaven.
4) New York Alicia. christopher's wedding. beautiful. sex and the city tour. soooo fabulous. taking the bus from harlem in the middle of the night. and the bus driver making fun of us looking for the 'red line' priceless.
3) South Dakota. 15 hour car ride with just joe and myself. puking my guts out for the first 4 or so hours. we made it. camped out every night in different lands. mt rushmore. devils towers. cryoming. buffalos at night, along with the bear farm. we're heading into the best trips ever filled with activities and travel and we didnt even kill each other.
2) New York Joe. my 18th birthday. driving to manhatten and having the car break down in manhatten. going to david letterman. ellis island. seeing the twin towers. setting off the alarms at the boarder in canada. fireworks on the 4th of july. walking 104 blocks to see them.
1) Disney World. the happiest place on earth. 90 degree pool at nightime. nuf said.
did I forget any good ones?
1 comment:
No, I think you got all the good ones...I'd have to put SD #1 on the list for myself...Although I'm obsessed with Disney World (my new thing is getting married there now), I still think SD was a perfectly planned trip...All done by myself ;-)
Oh, and the Chuck Wagon Cookout was worth the price of admission any day...
-JOE
Post a Comment