Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Congratulations Heather!

I'm starting to understand how Joe's posts get so long. Yet, I think this year he is telling the truth about him not being able to post so often. It's been a while, hasn't it?


I spent my lunch hour at the post office, there they told me one thing. Then I got on the phone with the passport agency pretending to be my mom, they told me another, then I was Jayne and I got another. Ah yes, it's been a great passport filled day! I think I may have actually got it all worked out for now. And I even got the 'secret passport code' to dial at the prompts to get to a representative. I'm proud of that.


My part of the financials is done (at work), for now. That is also a miracle and a huge weight off of me, which is why I got to spend time with the passports.

Congratulations Heather!!!! I found out last night that over the weekend when Mike & Heather were in Door County he proposed. She has been waiting a looooong time for that, so it's great news for her! I can't wait to be able to pass her the torch of all the wonderful goodness's of planning a wedding off of me and on to her (and I had it easy!)!!! Not to mention each and every day of stress that leads up to it.

Shawn once told me that the days after their wedding were so amazing, because they could just relax. It was such a stressful time for both of them that once its over it's an unexplainable feeling of relief and such a huge event that you go through all the ups and downs with together, thinking and planning and excitement and worry every day. That when it's all said and done you then have a special bond that no one else could even imagine. Now personally I don't know if Mike feels ANY stress at all from this wedding, as he certainly doesn't show it, but I can not wait for those days after!!! :) I don't think my wedding itself has much stress, as there really wasn't much to plan, but trying to plan a vacation with 30 people is like the first episode of home alone! ;)

Oh and btw. Our vball team did awesome last night, even while enduring the fact that we didn't have the ultimate player Jesi on our side we managed to get a great 2 our of 3 wins... taking home the pitcher of beer, thus a wonderful evening. Only one more week left of the season, but we're ending with a bang!

I'll leave you with this quote....

In this world, shipmates, sin that pays its way can travel freely, and without passport; whereas Virtue, if a pauper, is stopped at all frontiers. -Herman Melville


1 comment:

Samoa Joe said...

Yeah, I wanna second that congrats to Heather...You go girl!...Now all you gotta do is start makin' some babies!...Lil' Heather/Mike babies...How cute...

Oh, and I don't understand this passport thing...I got mine easily...What, are you people just not being responsible and applying too late?...

Love ya and miss ya Sue...

-JOE