Tuesday, August 14, 2007

PASSPORTS

Seriously. This passport situation is ridiculous! My parents applied for theirs in April, they passport agency said it was shipping on July 2ND. Guess what? They never got them. Mike's parents applied in May. The passport agency says Mike's dad's was shipped, but Mike's Mom's they can't find.

This is what the website says
"We are currently experiencing a very high volume of calls. Please expect delays if you wish to speak to a customer service representative. You may have to call several times before reaching a representative. However, please note that representatives are available from 6:00 a.m. to 12 midnight, ET, Monday-Friday, except federal holidays. Representatives are also available for limited weekend hours for emergency situations in which travelers are leaving in 7 days or less. " blah. What a joke.

Guess who gets to deal with all of the missing passports, since no one is apparently able to do it themselves? Oh yes. This bride. I'm sure she has nothing else to do right now.

OK. That was my rant. But seriously. Passport people really just need to fix it all or just stop making them required until like next year. Is that to much to ask? Obviously the passports are getting stolen so obviously this 'mandatory' passport thing is just making things worse then they were before. Delightful.

ANYWAYS. 23 days til Jamaica. Mike cleaned our entire house yesterday - that is delightful!! KZ's last weeks packer pool was NOT won by me. We got our wedding bands and I love mine so much that I'm already wearing it. Is that wrong? Everyone tells me I'm not allowed to but I tell them I can do what I want ;) We're having a 'pre-wedding party' at my family's annual camp out on August 24th ( a week from Friday). It's very last minute, but if you want to come you should! We'll have lots of food and Mike's DJ stuff and all that, so it should be quiet the little shindig.

Back to the old reconciling the financials at work for me....

No comments: