This story is blog worthy. I may be in the middle of posting my Jamaican trip, but this just needs to go up while it's freshly in my mind.
So Monday night Shawn and Charlie pick me up to take Charlie to her play practice downtown. We start driving down the express way and while we're passing the ridge I see a rainbow and point it out. Shawn says to Charlie that grandma would definitely think that's a sign for Joe - and it was amazing that it looked like it was coming right out of the ridge! Well then the horn starts honking on the excursion. A little honk here, a long one here. But all random honks. And then it's getting longer honks and looooooonger LOUD honks. Shawn is getting real scared and Charlie and I are laughing our butts off. I mention that this seems very joe like as well. Since he loves to honk his horn at people and pretend he didn't do it and laugh his head off when I look at the people. No one really understands his honking business. But he does it always. So I definitely think he's somehow haunting us. Now the windshield wiper fluid is squirting randomly and the wipers are going. It's currently poring rain. So Shawn calls Chad. and the conversation goes something like this - shawn says, "Chad I HOOOOOOONK caHOOOOONK geHOOOOOOOOOOOONK carHOOOOOOOOOOONK stHOOOOOOONK. " and chad says "SHAWN I CANT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOURE STAYING" Finally he figures out what is happening and tells her to turn off the car. Maybe the panic is freaking out. So we pull over along side the express way. She turns off the car. Presses the panic button a hole bunch of times. Then she starts again - and there is silence. YAY we seem to be good. We start talking again suddenly the HONKS start sneaking in again. Gradually at first, then longer and louder. Dana calls, not wanting to meet us out for dinner. but with the continuous honking she can't hear a word shawn is saying and gives up and says FINE ill go. Now we're on 894 heading to 94, and traffic is slow and massive. Shawn says - should I go home? I say no, just keep going. So we keep going - attempting to ignore the honking and the angry looks from everyone around us. Now we're on 94. STUCK in very slow moving traffic with a continuous HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK that never ends. We're in the left lane so can't pull over or turn off the car. Charlie is laughin so hard she says "I'm gonna pee my pants". She also comments on each person going by "they just looked at us" "that guys looking the wrong way" "ooooh that guy is giving us a mean look" laughing hysterically. Shawn is getting really nervous and freaked out. Driving in this poring rain with HOOOOOOONK occurring while in stop and go traffic. She's trying to get Charlie to stop, but Charlie insists that it's just to funny!!! I told her "Haven't you ever played the honking game with joe? You pretend that it's not us! Everyone look around and find out where that honking is coming from. Look around now! " We do this, while the windows are tinted so no one can see in anyways, but it makes us feel better and laugh more. Charlie is STILL laughing her head off. Shawn says - "aren't you going to be embarrassed when we pull up to your play practice with all your friends there with this honking?" She says "NO ITS SO FUNNY they will laugh there heads off." We're just pulling off into down town and hit the stop light. Shawn quick turns off the car. It goes HOOOOOOOOOoooreopppphhhhewtogfdgnnkkkkkskss. and dies. She restarts the car, no honking.... We drive past where dana is and try to honk - nothing. The horn has died. The windshield sprayers and wipers are still going occasionally. But that awful loud never ending honk has subsided. And that is the end of the honk. Charlie says "this is the best trip to Milwaukee EVER".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, I finally got to read this story...And it made my day!...Hilarious!...It does seem like I was haunting your car or something...I mean, of all things that could go wrong, uncontrollable honking?!...That's so me!...
Anyways, wish I coulda been there...Love ya and miss ya...Especially my three favorite ladies...
Post a Comment